Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Sluts,slags,whores,prostitutes

Why is it that we call these ladies such vile names, yet the blokes who use them - we call clients.Such a respectable name, don't you think?Over a ten year period working with these 'Street hostesses' I discover most of them are real nice people!I was present in our Local Council Chambers when one councillor began berating these women for throwing used condoms over the fences of private homes and creating a nuisance. I said, "Hello" (a word used in our hose a lot by my much younger friends and family) and to great effect I thought! "It's not the girls who did the dastardly deed ........... It's the blokes!"Again an injustice perpetrated on the vunerable-visible. But no self-respecting street hostess would clean up afterwards.

No comments: